Achieving more Together
A core guiding principle of the Lux Group is to make a difference in society by sharing its business success with communities. At Lux Industries Limited, we recognise the need for sustained progress of the society to pursue long term goals
that are beneficial for the community. Therefore, Lux adheres to the best industrial practices, adopting the best technologies and environment-friendliness
At Lux, we have consistently believed in giving back to society; we stayed engaged with the communities within which we operated. Over the years, the Company fulfilled the socio-economic requirements of the communities in different regions including in proximity to its manufacturing locations. The Company played the role of a responsible corporate citizen and conducted itself in a social, ethical and responsible manner. The Company’s CSR function comprises initiatives in the areas of COVID-19 assistance, environment protection, healthcare, sustainable livelihoods, rural and urban infrastructure development, education, animal welfare, support for the elderly, old age homes, and the promotion of traditional arts and culture. The company, through its CSR Trust, the Lux Foundation, carried out projects in partnership and consultation with NGOs, registered trusts and Section 8 companies
- Tata Medical Center: Lux provided funds to construct an operation theatre at Tata Medical Center, West Bengal. The project is at a development stage.
- Pushpawati Singhania Hospital & Research Institute: The Company supported Pushpawati Singhania Hospital & Research Institute. The institute is engaged in rendering social service to the marginalised by providing treatment for diseases related to kidney, heart, nervous system, liver including digestive system, cancer, orthopedics and joint replacement, dietetics and nutrition. The institute is also committed to serve economically weaker sections through its OPD and IPD services in all super specialties. A monthly statement of such patients treated in the EWS category by the institute is sent to the Government of Delhi.
- Vanathukkul Tiruppur: Vanathukkul Tiruppur was established in 2004 in Tiruppur in order to bring the dream of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam to life. Vanathukkul Tiruppur has planted 10.5 lakh trees (still counting) in the last 16 years. Lux has been associated with Vanathukkul Tiruppur from its inception. The Company planted more than 2,000 trees in 35 40 acres of land.
- Saraswati Sishu Mandir School: The company has built the Saraswati Sishu Mandir School at Bali (Murshidabad), to provide quality education to local and tribal children.
- Corporation Middle School: In the memory of Shri Kishan Kumar Todi, Lux Group donated for the construction of a class room in Corporation Middle School, Tiruppur. The school is run by the Government of Tamil Nadu and maintained by Tiruppur Corporation. The classroom (325 sq. ft.) accommodates more than 35 students.
- Friends of Tribal Society: Lux collaborated with Friends of Tribal Society to provide education to underprivileged rural and tribal masses in West Bengal, benefitting thousands of students.
- United Educational Trust (Chennai): Lux collaborated with United Educational Trust to reconstruct a primary school at Tiruppur.
- Commitment for support of ₹ 2 crores towards the building of a free residential school project for over 1,000+ unprivileged girls in Joka, West Bengal.
- Collaborated with Anandalok Hospital in Kolkata to provide free medicines and treatment to needy patients.
- Installed more than 100 bins in and around West Bengal, Odisha, and Jamshedpur in line with government’s Swacch Bharat Abhiyan
- Installed water purifiers in railway stations in Kolkata, providing safe drinking water to the public.
- Organized vaccination drive for around 1,600 people including employees and their loved ones.
- Free distribution of oximeter and oxygen concentrators to the needy.
- Contributed INR 50 lakhs in Emergency Relief Fund for Covid-19, emphasising our status as a responsible corporate citizen.
- During pilgrimages, the availability of basic resources such as food and drinking water is scarce. This predicament of the devotees embarking on religious journey is aided by Lux Industries providing clean drinking water and food. Lux Industries has also developed the Bangur Avenue Sansad Bhavan in Kolkata which is a dharamshala’ (rest house) for pilgrims where we provide free lodging, food and water.